Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am grateful beyond words for the calling I have to serve as a father to my kids and a husband to my Amy. This morning was especially spiritually rich for me. On a day which could represent such dismay for the country I love, I was surrounded by tender mercies.

Our Priesthood leaders asked us to support Prop 102 and my family responded. They did all they were asked to do and more. My wife and kids displayed the faith required to accomplish anything. I can truly say these kids, Kyle, Kjirsten, Cicely, Alycia, and Tanner, as well as thier mother, are the types of disciples who would have pushed the hand-carts wherever their Prophet asked. The Lord does my work for me. All is well when you have a family like this.

I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I too am reminded of a beautiful hymn today. It goes something like this.... Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed. For I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I'll strengthen thee help thee and cause thee to stand. Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.
I love you too Sweetie